Wordpress Theme Management Intermediate Level
Managing Wordpress Themes. Duration: 1 hour, 35 minutes.
Themes. Templates. Widgets. And, is that code?!!
For virtual assistants who are new to Wordpress and web design in general, Wordpress theme management takes a guided tour through the installation, setup, and customization of Wordpress themes. After this course, students will have the tools and resources to approach a clients site, (or their own!) with confidence, and know how to update a website’s core design responsibility.
In this course you will learn:
- Initial Setup - How to install free and paid themes
- Child Themes - How to protect your custom changes from future maintenance
- Global Settings - How to configure the global settings and navigation on the theme
- Widgets - What Wordpress widgets are and when to use them
- Custom code - How to add custom code in the theme interface
- Advanced Editor Options - How to access the base theme code, and how to add additional functionality (advanced)
- Staging - How to create a safe staging environment to test out new themes against existing content without worrying about breaking the website.
In addition, this course contains bonus Pocket Guide content for those looking to create or enhance their current web design skillset by learning the basics of HTML and CSS, within the context of enhancing your theme design, and testing out code in CodePen.
Emily Boucher lives in Toronto, Ontario (EST), and has been working in web development for the past three years. She is skilled at troubleshooting and building websites, as well as developing tracking systems for projects. Emily is also able to manage Agile project management systems, as well as troubleshoot software issues directly with customer service as a web developer.
In previous positions, colleagues have recognized Emily as being easy to work with, hardworking, driven. In general, she is passionate about organization, sustainability, and making new things by hand - that includes cooking, baking, gardening and textiles.